Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010!

Andrew and I had an amazing Christmas back in Manhattan this year with family and friends!!!  We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house in the afternoon opening gifts as a family.  It was just so cute to see Jaxon experience his first Christmas!  I know he won't remember it, but it was definitely a wonderful memory for us. 

During the evening on Christmas Eve, we went to my one of my grandparent's house in Manhattan.  There were SO many people there this year - - it was definitely a packed house full of joy with about 25 people! 

Christmas day, Andrew and I went to mass at our favorite parish in Manhattan.  The music was just beautiful and it was a great reminder of why we celebrate Christmas!  When we got back home, Andrew and I exchanged gifts between the two of us.  We are truly blessed and have had a wonderful year. 

Then, we immediately started helping my mom get ready for lunch with more family.  She made her awesome lasagna and we again enjoyed time with our family members that we rarely get to see.  After all the family on my mom's side left at about 3:30, we briefly rested and then got ready again for Christmas dinner with family from my dad's side!  My aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandma all came over to my parents' house for Christmas dinner.

Like I mentioned, it was a busy, filling, and wonderful Christmas!  Glad the snow held off for us and everyone had a wonderful time.  Thank you God for all the gifts and blessings You have given to me and my family.  And, happy birthday, Jesus!


I had to get some pictures of the Christmas decorations at our house!  :)








Christmas Eve ~ Jaxon playing.  He LOVES looking out all the windows in the sun room.







Nokona had to explore everything and see what was going on!




Daddy helping Jaxon open gifts!





He LOVES this new toy from Grandma and Grandpa




After mass on Christmas day



Opening our gifts to each other




Kona was right in the middle of everything, so we let her open her presents!  :)









Iowa and K-State!!!  Our teams!!!










Kathy (Andrew's mom) and Steve sent us a sweet package filled with Iowa gear and gift cards to Borders!  These will get some great use!




A king-sized candy bar that was cut in half and taped back together.  You can see who got the two halves!  Ha, ha, ha!!!  Oh grandma!



No comments:

Post a Comment